1947-TX-paint

1947

Texas Paint & Wallpaper is born when partners R.N. “Dick” Bruton and W.J. Hancock open two paint stores in Dallas.

1949

Dan Kemp joins Texas Paint & Wallpaper, serving as the shipping clerk at the Ross Avenue location. A series of promotions saw Mr. Kemp serving as outside salesman for Texas Paint by 1952.

1953

Time to expand. Mr. Bruton and Mr. Hancock open a paint manufacturing plant in Pleasant Grove, located on Elam Drive close to Buckner Boulevard. The plant is named the Dal-Worth Paint Manufacturing Company.

1957

A new Texas Paint & Wallpaper store is opened in Pleasant Grove.

1959

Business is booming! Yet another Texas Paint store is opened in the Casa Linda area of east Dallas. Dan Kemp takes over management of the Pleasant Grove store.

1968

The Kemps open a new Texas Paint & Wallpaper store at Preston Valley.

1973

Alan Cook joins the company, performing deliveries for the Pleasant Grove store.

1979

Kathy Hardy, daughter of the Kemps, joins the company, handling human resources and bookkeeping for the Ross Avenue location.

1992

1992

Alan and Kathy Cook acquire ownership of the company from Dan and Mildred Kemp.

2004

2004

Kathy Hardy purchases the business from Alan and names Danna Lockett CEO. Danna represents the third generation of family leadership in the history of Texas Paint.